Welcome to bmw.cementhorizon.com
(not affiliated with BMW motorrad)
Click here for the story of my 1985 K100RS.
My 1999 BMW R1100RT-P
- California Highway Patrol Motor Unit M8275 (diamond-E plate # 79A11) 10 July 1999 - 8 January 2003.
- Sold to Southern California Auto Auction (34269 miles)
- Sold to H&H Motors, Campbell; May 2004
- Craig's List; 27 May 2004
- Test ride; 29 May 2004 (34495 miles)
- It's mine! 4 June 2004 (34559 miles)
- given that it had nasty oil, a dry auxiliary battery, and 1 mm of rear brake pad left, when did it fall off the maintenance schedule?
- Why did the CHP release it with only 34K miles on it?
- Where was it from January 2003 through May 2004?
Here are some pictures I took on test-ride day:
"Shop Manual on CD" is offered cheap by various sellers on eBay.
However, you can download the 482-page PDF file free from the BMW Authority site.
Includes wiring schematics. You must use Internet Explorer!
They also have downloadable schematics for all the electrical changes made to the Authority bikes, and to CHP bikes.
A year later. I've made the bike a little easier to see from the rear.
- The replacement round marker lights are Peterson 142R (UPC 44464 90626).
- The huge LED brake lights (very bright, very low current) are Peterson "Piranha" 420R-3 (UPC 44464 96857).
These aren't my bike. They show the original lighting and equipment configurations.
Whelen 700 series red strobes on the rear.